I was passed this video link today and thought I would share this with all you Traktor users. Whilst this looks cool and makes great use of these AudioCubes, do you think these could actually be used out there in a live performance professionally?
Looking for a fresh mapping for controlling your new Traktor Pro 2 software using sample decks whilst mashing on cue points, looping, recording with the new Loop Recorder and having full control of effects in one creative solution for your Maschine? Look no further…
WORKS WITH VERSION 2.5 – THE REMIX DECK CONTROL IN THIS MAPPING ONLY ALLOWS THE TOP 4 SLOTS OF EACH DECK TO BE TRIGGERED.
-Complete 4 Deck Control (NO NEED FOR MOUSE) -Remix Deck (Top 4 slots) Triggering -Play Cue Points (Auto detects for Cue play mode too) -Loop & Sync - Full Browser Window Control & Folder Navigation -Loop Recorder Control -Samplers C & D Slot Player Control [download id="2" format="1"]
- Once purchased, simply download the .ZIP package, extract to a folder on your computer.
- Connect the Maschine Controller, launch the Controller Editor and open the Editor Config File (.ncc file)
- Launch Traktor Pro, go to the preferences page and at the very bottom of the preferences window click ‘Import’.
- Source the included .TSI mapping file for Traktor in the extracted folder.
- Then go to ‘Controller Manager’ in preferences.
- Make sure your controller is highlighted in the ‘ins’ and ‘outs’ for the midi ports.
Play your cue points mashing and reworking in key just like you would on a keyboard – within reason. Each White key pitches the key up or down in the correct increments from the middle ‘C’. You can select which focus deck you want, which cue point on each deck you want and kill the EQ’s all with the black keys (as shown in the video).
GREAT ADDITION TO ANY TRAKTOR SETUP USING CUE POINTS AND ANY 25 KEY MIDI KEYBOARD.
*Please Note: v2.5 of this mapping under development – download soon*
– 4 Deck Control with one Keyboard
– Play Cue Points in Key
– Cue Point Selection with Black Keys
– Kill EQ’s on selected deck.
Installation Instructions:– Once purchased, simply download the .ZIP package, extract to a folder on your computer.
– Set the Global Midi Channel to ‘2’ and launch Traktor Pro.
– Go to the preferences page and at the very bottom of the preferences window click ‘Import’.
– Source the included .TSI mapping file for Traktor in the extracted folder.
– Then go to ‘Controller Manager’ in preferences.
– Make sure your controller is highlighted in the ‘ins’ and ‘outs’ for the midi ports.
INCLUDED IN .ZIP PACKAGE:
– TSI Mapping File for import into Traktor Pro
– Midi Overlay Template Guide
– Import Mapping Video Tutorial