I was passed this video link today and thought I would share this with all you Traktor users. Whilst this looks cool and makes great use of these AudioCubes, do you think these could actually be used out there in a live performance professionally?
Play your cue points mashing and reworking in key just like you would on a keyboard – within reason. Each White key pitches the key up or down in the correct increments from the middle ‘C’. You can select which focus deck you want, which cue point on each deck you want and kill the EQ’s all with the black keys (as shown in the video).
GREAT ADDITION TO ANY TRAKTOR SETUP USING CUE POINTS AND ANY 25 KEY MIDI KEYBOARD.
*Please Note: v2.5 of this mapping under development – download soon*
– 4 Deck Control with one Keyboard
– Play Cue Points in Key
– Cue Point Selection with Black Keys
– Kill EQ’s on selected deck.
Installation Instructions:– Once purchased, simply download the .ZIP package, extract to a folder on your computer.
– Set the Global Midi Channel to ‘2’ and launch Traktor Pro.
– Go to the preferences page and at the very bottom of the preferences window click ‘Import’.
– Source the included .TSI mapping file for Traktor in the extracted folder.
– Then go to ‘Controller Manager’ in preferences.
– Make sure your controller is highlighted in the ‘ins’ and ‘outs’ for the midi ports.
INCLUDED IN .ZIP PACKAGE:
– TSI Mapping File for import into Traktor Pro
– Midi Overlay Template Guide
– Import Mapping Video Tutorial
DJ’s nowadays are looking to fulfil their creative potential using up to 4 decks together, all synchronised allowing room for live remixing, cutting, chopping and reworking using cue points, loops, acapellas and the new Remix Decks in Traktor 2.5.
This creative opportunity would not be possible unless you ‘beatgrid‘ your tracks ready for Traktor beforehand. This eliminates the need for beatmatching, freeing up your hands and skills to work on other more creative aspects during your performance – with Traktor synchronising your tracks enables endless possibilities for live remixing.
With at least 14 years DJ experience and as a dedicated and Traktor professional of over 4 years, plus another 3 years in commercial sales & support of DJ software & technology – I can provide a valuable and professional service for all digital DJ’s looking to beatgrid their collection.
Simply get in touch to enquire with the amount of tracks required.
- Traktor Pro 1 or 2 beatgrid versions Available.
- Gridding is done via my own ears to the ‘Tick’ or metronome and not visually – this provides a perfect grid when using audio as you would with beatmatching.
- Provision of MP3 files returned – if WAV provided then they will be converted to high quality 320kbps .MP3 as final output
- Full backup of all beatgrid files provided onto DVD if requested (UK Only)
- Due to copyright infringement we do not keep copies of any digitally converted files, the original & converted files are the sole responsibility of the original owner
- Refunds for discrepancies availabe for only the first 14 days from date of despatch and return
*Payment must be made prior to receiving gridded tracks back.
[youtube width=”590″ height=”430″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIE_VQUDxQA[/youtube]